An Online Event - How does it work?
The platform we are using for the Young Researchers Overseas Day will give everyone a chance to participate remotely and experience the event as closely as possible to a physical event. You will also find explanative videos on the usage of the platform and its functions.
If you could not make it to the test session, please find a replay here:
- Register via the green "Register now" button
- In case you want to learn more and read about 1:1 meetings, continue below.
2) If you are presenting a poster, you can publish it in the so-called marketplace
Create a clear and concise description to speak to like minded researchers.
Your profile should describe who you are, what your post is about, and what inspired your work.
We can also do this on your behalf, if you choose so.
3) Browse profiles of attendees and create 1:1 networking sessions
Find out who else is participating. You can message each other in the platform and be in touch before, during and after the event.
4) Find out who is attending the conference and meet with other professionals in the field.
Be active not reactive. Browse published participants profiles and send meeting requests to those you want to meet at the event. Adding a meaningful remark why you are interested in a meeting will increase the chance that your request will be accepted. Usually, accepted meeting requests will be scheduled automatically. Thus you have immediate access to time and location of a meeting.
- Everybody can send meeting requests to everyone
- Incoming meeting requests have to be accepted to be scheduled
5) Matchmaking Event
- If you want to be able to schedule personal 1:1 meetings with other participants throughout the event, please add the matchmaking session in the agenda selection during sign-up.